Archangel Independent Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Archangel Independent Network

Forum offering advice to angellic beings on earth, either fallen, newly awakened, kindred or Nephalim

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Bible

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Bible Empty The Bible 20th June 2012, 12:47 pm

Ara'sh'el

Ara'sh'el
Angellic Host
Angellic Host

What are your views on the bible do you think that at times its misinterpreted or do you think that humanity is taking it too literally?

I believe that a lot that is in there is in a way metaphorical as to help humanity relate to God's reasoning behind things and in other ways its basically accounts of what the writer had either heard about and decided that it was worth putting down in written form and will have biased opinions on different events.

Thoughts?

Ara'sh'el

2The Bible Empty Re: The Bible 20th June 2012, 1:27 pm

Eshtar

Eshtar
Seraphim
Seraphim

all of the above for me acualy. Alot is fabled or metaphore and alot has been re written so many times it is misread ect..

3The Bible Empty Re: The Bible 20th June 2012, 1:39 pm

Ara'sh'el

Ara'sh'el
Angellic Host
Angellic Host

I recall one verse that says about lucifer saying that he will be like the most high as a form of him trying to overthrow father...I have come to realise that this really isn't the case as it only means that he wants to be LIKE not BE THE MOST High...
I see it as admiration and again interpreted as arrogence...

we should all strive to be the very best that we can possibly be...this is what the real meaning is..none of us can really be even close to how incredible father truly is but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't try to reflect father as best as we are able to and to be like him...he is a wonderful being and his ways are to be eternally admired.

yes i do recall the earlier portion of the verse where it says i will exhalt my throne above the stars of god...this i believe can be a misunderstanding and again could be a way as to misguide others into judging a being that they don't personally know nor do they really know what was actually said and so on..this I believe is the beginning of labeling others.

That's my viewpoint on it :dragon2:

4The Bible Empty Re: The Bible 20th June 2012, 4:18 pm

bluebird

bluebird
Cherubim
Cherubim

I agree with you both

5The Bible Empty Re: The Bible 20th June 2012, 4:22 pm

Ara'sh'el

Ara'sh'el
Angellic Host
Angellic Host

unfortunately you will get those who take the bible so literal that they become fanatics about it....I again believe that they are completely missing the whole purpose behind the bible and taking it to the extreme... :dragon1:

6The Bible Empty Re: The Bible 21st June 2012, 9:48 pm

Eshtar

Eshtar
Seraphim
Seraphim

yesn I know those verses well. Humans read the verses and beleive Lucifer wanted to be God himself and to be glorified and worshipped and thus was cast out from Pride that he did not accept and no longer was pleased as he was and wanted more.. and that in the Bible anyway started the war in heaven ect..

7The Bible Empty Re: The Bible 22nd June 2012, 7:30 am

Ara'sh'el

Ara'sh'el
Angellic Host
Angellic Host

human's interpretations about something that they think happened...I do love reading the bible as it does give great advice when you need encouragement and helps me gain insight to how humans related to each other back then...I would read various chapters of pslams and proverbs. One should never dismiss it and call it rubbish as there is a lot of good information in there that gets you to want to read more angel1 :old man with cane1: :flowerlove2: :heart3: heart2 hugs1

8The Bible Empty Re: The Bible 6th December 2012, 11:20 am

Ancient7

Ancient7
Cherubim
Cherubim

The bible is a great guide for those who don't know what to do in situations that are beyond their control...and gives them faith and hope to do the very best they can be...

Ancient7

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]