Archangel Independent Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Archangel Independent Network

Forum offering advice to angellic beings on earth, either fallen, newly awakened, kindred or Nephalim

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Time Travel?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Time Travel? Empty Time Travel? 7th February 2014, 3:39 pm

Ara'sh'el

Ara'sh'el
Angellic Host
Angellic Host

http://uk.screen.yahoo.com/proof-time-travel-possible-221502774.html?vp=1

I came across this interesting video and had to share it..what is everyone's thoughts about this?

2Time Travel? Empty Re: Time Travel? 9th February 2014, 5:46 pm

Micah'El

Micah'El
Angellic Host
Angellic Host

I think it's stupid, genetics determine peoples looks. Gene's come together randomly to create a person.

That's why some children look nothing like their parents. It is conceivable and highly likely that every few thousands of years the genetics of a person will show up again in a similar if not identical copy.

The features may look the same, but the personality is developed over time and by experiences. Someone who looks like you, will never be you unless they have lived your life.

As for Time Travel, we do it all the time. You cross from one local time zone into another and you have effectively either gained or lost an hour or so. If you travelled from the farthest time zone from one side of the Time Zone Map, to the other you will either lose or gain a day.

Is that not small scale time travel?

Einstein argued that time and space are mixed up in a way that means two people do not measure the same rate of time – if they are moving relative to each other.

And this effect gets bigger the faster the people are moving. So if you strap a clock to a high-speed rocket (and by high speed, I mean faster than anything we have at the moment. This clock has to be travelling at almost the speed of light – which is the fastest speed in the universe at 300 million m/s). So imagine there’s this fast-moving clock, and you look at the arms of the clock as it flashes past. What will you see? You will see that the second-hand on this clock is moving at a slower rate than the second-hand of an identical clock by your side.

Now this has nothing to do with how long it takes the light to reach your eyes or the speed of the rocket affecting the mechanics of the clock. It is literally that time itself has slowed down for the rocket clock. If there were a person on board the rocket you would see them doing everything in slow motion. Their time, their biological clock everything is running slower.

Now this idea that time is ‘relative’ is not mere science fiction – it is supported by observations! We see it all the time in our experiments with subatomic particles that DO travel at such speeds. Note the word ‘relative’ there. Einstein’s special theory of relativity says that all motion is relative. So if you were on board that rocket, you could just as well say that the rocket wasn’t moving and that the earth was moving at close to light speed in the opposite direction. And if you were on the rocket (not the Earth) the really spooky thing is you would see Earth’s clocks slow down and everything on Earth running in slow motion.

So here’s the plan: you head very fast into space and because your time slows down, for you the trip takes a shorter duration (let’s say one year). But back on Earth clocks are running at their normal rate so count more years going by. When you get back you will find that maybe 10 years have gone by on Earth (the numbers are not important, the closer you can get to the speed of light, or the stronger the gravitation field you find, the more the difference between your journey time and the Earth’s).

So if you return to Earth one year older you will find that everyone on Earth is 10 years older. So you have essentially time travelled nine years into the future.

http://archangelnetwork.co.uk

3Time Travel? Empty Re: Time Travel? 9th February 2014, 6:31 pm

Ara'sh'el

Ara'sh'el
Angellic Host
Angellic Host

well I would like to know where they keep this mystical time machine lol and the thing is just because say someone lived the same life as another doesn't repeat doesn't mean that they are going to make the same choices that that individual has made...and true those who fly in an airplane do in fact time travel..just not in the way they think lol :flowerlove2: 

4Time Travel? Empty Re: Time Travel? 10th February 2014, 12:44 am

Eshtar

Eshtar
Seraphim
Seraphim

I like how you said we time travel everyday and made a good point. I think the time travel though being thought of is saying going 100 years into the past or future and whatnot is what most people think when we say time travel.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]